The Abu Dhabi University (ADU) Library includes facilities on the Al Ain and Abu Dhabi campuses. The Library provides educational services to ADU communities that include orientation, training for new users, reference services, database searching, Internet access, photocopying and printing services. The ADU Library is committed to providing a well-balanced and up-to-date set of references, serials and multimedia materials.
The Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Abu Dhabi University Library is to serve the Abu Dhabi University students, faculty, staff, and the community. It is the intent of the library to provide access to the information needed to support and develop learning, teaching, and research. In support of this mission, the Abu Dhabi University Library integrates print and electronic resources, and provides a comprehensive program of service which allows broad access to information in all formats. It is the aim of Library to develop, monitor and evaluate services to match changing information needs in higher education; to enable the user to understand and utilize effectively the full range of information services; to foster the acquisition of skills necessary for independence in lifelong learning; to maintain and develop relationships with other library services and institutions within the county and abroad; and to facilitate cooperation and collaboration.
ADU Library Code of Ethics*
- We provide the highest level of service to all library users through appropriate and usefully organized resources; equitable service policies; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
- We protect each library user''s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.
- We respect intellectual property rights and advocate balance between the interests of information users and rights holders.
- We treat co-workers and other colleagues with respect, fairness, and good faith, and advocate conditions of employment that safeguard the rights and welfare of all employees of our institutions.
- We do not advance private interests at the expense of library users, colleagues, or our employing institutions.
- We distinguish between our personal convictions and professional duties and do not allow our personal beliefs to interfere with fair representation of the aims of our institutions or the provision of access to their information resources.
- We strive for excellence in the profession by maintaining and enhancing our own knowledge and skills, by encouraging the professional development of co-workers, and by fostering the aspirations of potential members of the profession.
* Adopted with modifications from the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association